Friday, January 7, 2011

THE PHILOSOPHY OF “YES” AND “NO”


            Yes and No are the two most powerful answers to the questions of life. To choose between yes and no is a freedom of choice. Yes and No are like real and unreal, living and dying, truth and untruth, certain and uncertain,possession and non-possession. Yes and No make people to become what they are and what they are not.
            Yes’, I would like to learn. It is this kind of yes that opens the door for fullness of life, provides space for opportunities and gives luck for improvement. But this yes involves taking risk, crossing the boundaries, breaking the pot and making the horizons meet. In this creativeness flows automatically in the opportunities carried out. ‘No’, what I know is sufficient. It is this kind of no that closes the door for life, blocks the chance for improvement and becomes obstacle in taking up opportunities. This No makes a person to be what he is and then gradually becomes what he is not. This involves an easy going life that any tom dick harry can live.
            Let us turn the coin. ‘Yes’ I know it. This kind of yes does no more good than making me what I am. It ends all my possibilities to be. In other words I remain what I am. ‘No’, but I desire to know. This type of no provides the possibilities to be what I am not that is becoming new. It makes an individual journey ongoingly from being to becoming.
            After all yes and no are freedom of choice that involves the presence and at the same time awareness of doing the work from the perspective of the individual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment