Friday, July 22, 2011

Personal Educational History


The history of my education goes back to the year 1992, when I joined my first year of schooling- My schooling from then went on and is for me a continuous and gradual climbing. For me, schooling was a real penance to go with a load of books, listening to the teachers till the evening, and completing homework. In a word, it was like a prison. Sometimes, purposely I used to bunk the school because of the fear of teachers and lack of interest. On the way around, my parents and some people in the neighbourhood are not educated but they are most happy and found real joy in their work.
                A serious doubt rose in me, why did my parents send me for education? I could not get the real answer to the question. As I reflect now, I was only going to school out of Force because I could not really see the meaning in education. As a word of truth, till I finished 10th class, neither I had desire to learn nor had I found meaning in education. But once I joined +1 (intermediate), due to the instrumentality of my teachers, I began to see education differently. I viewed education as part of my growth that will enable to stand on a good ground in the future. This view of education enabled me to enjoy education that is assimilating the whole values found in every subject taught by the teachers.
                As a word of suggestion, the education of today must be capable of instilling the meaning of education from childhood and teachers must make sure that they discover the value of education. Probably, the education of today requires a change of attitude. I realize that education does not bear fruit, if I do out of force, but it does bear fruit when I begin to love and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment