Sunday, February 6, 2011

Being -Becoming



            Being and Becoming call human being to be authentically rooted in the tradition and the context. Being is primary and becoming is secondary. Being is the seed and Becoming is the fruit of that being rooted in the context. The essential necessity of my being in the world is to become. The everyday of my being in the world is a call to becoming what I am not. My being offers possibilities for my becoming. Thus, being is essential for becoming to happen. If I don’t become, I lose the value of my being in the world. But, mind, becoming is an everyday end. It is not achieved once and for all. It is a continuous and ongoing process. So, it involves risk. I do not become just by my being but through the risks that my being takes up in life. Becoming to be ceases at the death. But the moment I give up my becoming during the tenure of my life, I cease to be what I am. Though becoming is secondary, it shows up being as it is in itself. Let us become in every moment of our being.

No comments:

Post a Comment